11 February 2018
It’s official! Our next production will be the first major revival of Judy Upton’s Confidence, which we’re bringing to Southwark Playhouse from 23 May to 16 June 2018. We can’t wait to share this play with you and will be bringing the 90s back with us!
What do you need to know about Confidence?
- Confidence is written by Judy Upton. Judy is an award winning British playwright, who’s early plays were produced at The Royal Court. Judy is part of a group of writers, including Sarah Kane and Mark Ravenhill who are known as ‘in-yer-face‘.
- This is only the second production of the play, making this a major revival 20 years after it was first seen at Birmingham Rep in 1998.
- There are 5 characters in Confidence, who are all scheming and dreaming to escape or secure a better future for themselves. Tanya Burr will play Ella and the rest of the cast are being announced soon.
- The creative team for Natives by Glenn Waldron, (which we produced at Southwark Playhouse in 2017) are reuniting for Confidence and are already preparing something really special as well as getting excited about a lot of 90s research!
- As the play is set in 1998, we’ve started getting in the mood with a Spotify playlist, which you can follow and listen along to!
Confidence opens on 23 May 2018 at Southwark Playhouse and tickets are on sale now. Book tickets here.
Watch the story unfold @boundlessabound